Did you know the Coppell Farmers Market was founded and operated by a group of volunteers? In exchange for your time and expertise the Coppell Farmers Market offers a space to build community and connect with local food.
Join the Coppell Farmers Market Committee:
The CFM Committee is a steering committee of citizen volunteers who supervise the market in partnership with the farmers market manager and the Coppell Sustainable Food Organization (CSFO), our market’s parent non-profit organization. Committee members not only govern but volunteer either on market days or serve on one or more subcommittees. Our committee meets once monthly, every third Wednesday evening. Subcommittees meet as needed, and some volunteer tasks require weekday email/phone communication. See the list of subcommittees and volunteer jobs.
Here’s what we need the most help with now:
– Special Events Organizers who will help with Farm to Table Dinner and bring fresh ideas to the table.
– Site Visitors who will participate in group trips to farms and help us ensure our producer only policy.
– Garden Education Volunteers who will help teach and develop our children’s garden programming.
HOW TO JOIN THE CFM COMMITTEE:
1. Send an introductory email to Admin@coppellfarmersmarket.org to let us know that you’re interested in joining the committee and to learn the time and location of the next committee meeting. Also let us know if you have an interest in a subcommittee or if there is a certain way you’d like to contribute to the success of the CFM.
2. Plan to attend the next committee meeting (3rd Wednesdays of each month)
3. When you’re ready to officially jump on board you’ll need to fill out a background check (link at bottom of page).
One-time and Occasional Volunteering Opportunities:
Do you want to connect with local food and support our mission, or just need to complete some service hours? Volunteer with us on market days as you’re available.
MARKET DAY VOLUNTEER TASKS:
VOLUNTEER for SPECIAL EVENTS:
Food Day for Kids
Farm to Table Dinner
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which opportunity you’re interested in. We’ll send back a correspondence within 10 days and get you connected asap!
2. If you decide you’d like to volunteer more than once you’ll need to fill out a background check (form at bottom of page).
Teen Volunteers: If you’re a teen seeking class credit hours please get in touch! Send an email to email@example.com to let us know that you’re a teen volunteer, which opportunity you’d like to do and how many hours you need to complete. We’ll pair you with an experienced market staff or volunteer.