and Seasonal Produce
Named Best Suburban Market in D Magazine's 2021 Best of Big D issue!
Mission of the Coppell Farmers Market
To form a relationship with local growers/producers in order to provide fresh, seasonal produce and agricultural products for our community while fostering a sense of place in Old Town Coppell.
- Provision for creating and maintaining a farm direct market for farmers and producers to grow their production of good local food.
- Develop more relationships around a local food system.
- Increase the availability of clean, fresh food to the community.
- Foster a community gathering place in Old Town Coppell to enhance the quality of life, health, and wellness for the community.
With the support of the City of Coppell, the Coppell Farmers Market was established in 2003 by citizens who had a vision for a farmers market in Old Town Coppell. Under the umbrella of the Coppell Community Garden, a 501(c)3 organization, the market has grown to over 40 vendors. Over a thousand customers come to the Coppell FM on any given Saturday to find local, healthy food, develop a relationship with those providing their food, meet up with friends and neighbors, and be a part of the local food movement.
Run by a steering committee of citizen volunteers, a paid market Director, a manager, a city liaison, and vendor input, the CFM Committee meets monthly at the Coppell Service Center, with subcommittees, like vendor approval, site visit, marketing, and special events, meeting separately as needed.
The 501(c)3 non-profit organization that oversees the market is the Coppell Sustainable Food Organization.
Additional support comes through the City of Coppell, Keep Coppell Beautiful, plus the many dedicated volunteers on the Coppell Farmers Market Committee and donors like you.
- Coppell Chamber of Commerce
- GO TEXAN Member
- Texas Organic Farmers and Gardener Association Business Member (TOFGA)
- Farmers Market Coalition
- Slow Food USA Snail of Approval Recipient
- Certified Texas Farmers Market, TX Dept. of Agriculture