Saturday, August 11 Ashley Douglas, owner of FoxyVeggies, to teach cooking demonstration at the Coppell Farmers Market. Douglas is a local chef, creator and educator.
PERFECT SUMMER SALAD RECIPE (as featured in the Dallas Morning News)
4 ears of Corn
1 Cucumber, remove seeds and dice
1/2 Pint Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/2 Cup Red Onion
1/2 Jalapeno, diced
1/2 Cup Feta, Jersey Girls Milk Co. recommended
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Texas Olive Oil Recommended
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1. Shuck each ear of corn and put them directly on the grill. Grill for about 20 minutes, rotate occasionally to cook all sides.
2. Prep veggies while corn is grilling.
3. Once corn is cooked allow to cool for 2 minutes. Cut the kernels off the cob directly into a bowl.
4. In the same bowl add cucumber, tomatoes, jalapenos, and red onion.
5. Now it’s time to make the vinaigrette! Add zest of lime directly into bowl with combined veggies.
6. In a separate small bowl: add juice of 3 limes, salt, pepper then slowly drizzle olive oil and whisk at a quick pace until combined evenly.
7. Drizzle vinaigrette over the veggie mix, add feta, and toss to combine.
The Coppell Farmers Market fulfills grocery needs year-round. Market staff visits all farms on a regular basis with the mission to ensure fruits and veggies are grown by the seller. Open Saturdays, 8am-noon. Located at 768 W. Main St. in Old Town Coppell.